About the Role
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
At Leading Edge Skills (LES), we refer to our instructors as trainers because they go above and beyond mere instruction. Our trainers are IT experts that possess engaging personalities, a strong passion for technology, and a knack for making the complicated simple. In addition to imparting training, the LES trainer role supports our organization’s overall objective to continually improve the effectiveness of learning by creating IT-related videos and learning experiences that our learners can trust. Responsibilities include researching current trends and certifications in the IT industry, developing curriculum, creating instructional videos, product demonstrations, virtual labs, quizzes, and supplemental files designed to help individual learners, small businesses, enterprise teams, and government agencies achieve their IT-related goals. The LES trainer is also responsible for reviewing content created by other trainers to ensure that we always deliver our learners the highest quality content.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
1. Create accurate, concise, and engaging content on a regular basis.
2. Increase traffic to LES website (www.leadingedgeskills.com) by delivering timely and relevant content.
3. Increase usage of products and features such as virtual labs and practice exams.
4. Receive positive learner reviews.
5. or exceed the Quality Control Standards set forth by the Learning Content team.
1. Stay up to date on current technologies, certifications, exams, and other IT industry news.
2. Develop course curriculum leveraging your real-world IT experience and exam-related objectives.
3. Design, develop, edit, and submit knowledge & skill-based instructional videos.
4. Create effective learning experiences utilizing quizzes, demonstrations, labs, and other tools at your disposal.
5. Collaborate with other instructors, illustrators, and other teams (e.g., Learning Content and Marketing).
6. Provide timely & constructive peer review of content created by your colleagues.
7. Act as a brand ambassador for LES.
8. Participating in recruitment campaigns.
Pay: $30.00 - $50.00 per hour
3.Work Location: Remote
Relevant IT degree/certifications or demonstrated in-depth knowledge
3+ years’ experience in an IT-related field/area of expertise e.g., Cloud, DBA, DevOps, Networking, Programming, Systems Administration, ERP, Security and Digital Marketing.
Independent thinker and self-starter
Attention to detail
Collaborative and comfortable working on a team
Honesty, humility, and integrity
Inclusive and respectful
Strong work ethic
Passion for learning
Comfortable with autonomy
Eager to add new skills and grow professionally
Skills that are preferred, but not required:
A love of IT and/or technology
Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal LES tools.
About the Company
Leading Edge Skills is a focused IT and Business training center, based in California, right in the heart of Silicon Valley, that prepares students in transitioning and launching a new career quickly. We feel pride in offering a unique learning experience through training programs that are aligned with the industry requirements and are affordable.
Our trainers are the most valuable and respected asset for us. We make sure our trainers make use of their full potential to not only transform the skill set among the student body but make them feel comfortable when they come across unexpected and challenging scenarios they may face at the workplace.
We’re looking for humans with a passion, empathy, and accountability to prepare contents and train students for our training programs focused on Data Analyst role.